Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A spread gun by any other name would smell as painful.

I moved the fire loop from its own timer to the same "refresh" CustomEvent I set up to time the fade effect. I was also paging through the English Wiktionary to think up names for the weapons and dream attacks of Vralanea and the next character that I hope to draw. Each character will have a starter weapon of one of the four elements (earth, fire, air, water); four more elemental weapons (one of which is the same element as the starter, but more powerful) that must be forged; and a dream weapon of an entirely different element that also must be forged.

Vralanea's starter, as her portrait suggests, is a staff of fire. It would blast a spread of flames somewhat like my Provisional Purple Test Creature (but with better art and with actual fire-element damage, I hope). I'll call that one Faucibruciata ("jaws"+"burnt", or "Burntjaws"). The next four are Sabbiaelica ("Sandhelix"), Ventatanavetta ("Gustshuttle")*, Cremisifuria ("Crimsonfury", the fire upgrade), and Arcobentonica ("Benthicarc"). I've already named her dream weapon but I'll let you find that name by getting it (or viewing the source), if I can develop the game that far.

*My favorite name, because the components are anagrams and I had a slightly obscure sense of "shuttle" in mind.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home