Saturday, March 17, 2012

I'm I'm seeing seeing double. double.

So yesterday I got the creatures and their HP gauges to move together. Yay. Now I want to start better organizing the code. It's already separated into files for general game entities, specific entities (bullets and creatures, and maybe non-destructible scenery stuff to put in front of the backgrounds because I think I'll cover the destructibles by making them creatures), hit-testing, sounds (oy)...but not separated enough. A lot of it is duplicate code, and some more of it feels like duplicate code but is probably not.

Some code in the game-engine load progress bar (not a true preloader yet, just a thinger that ticks ahead whenever an engine or actual-game-driver script announces its own presence) also assumes it's on an SVG page; I want that code to just run more generally so you can plug it into an HTML text span or widget property or element's width attribute or whatever you'd like. Hopefully I can muster enough care to try to fix some of that in the next...week-ish? *shrugs*

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home