Sunday, March 11, 2012

Out of commission, somewhat.

I've been working on a portrait-picture-avatar thing for my game's player-selection screen, but in the past few days I've been getting a few more blue screens than the usual once-every-month-ish. Memtest86+ found errors around the 5900th MiB within a minute or two (among other errors, and even more errors and a freeze if I set my memory to the rated speed and timings manually instead of using the board's automatic settings), so I fairly quickly ordered some new memory. Until that arrives, I'll be mostly using my Kubuntu live CD, instead of my Windows 7 and (more recent) Arch Linux installs*, so I don't put my hard drives in (too much) danger.

With luck, I will start working on the hit boxes soon instead of getting stuck on that portrait of the determined-looking-and-kinda-hot-witch-that-actually-looks-kinda-like-a-witch-unlike-the-other-three-witches.

*I've been using Linux more often because where both ActiveX and NPAPI versions of Flash crash on Windows fairly often, Flash on Linux seems to crash less often (if at all) so I get more game time on Armor Games and the like. I still prefer Windows 7 for other reasons (easier to set up as I want it, et cetera) and believe it was worth the money I spent on it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home