Friday, May 12, 2006

Massive blunders.

National Puerto Rican Day Parade, Inc. calls this year's parade theme "Boricuas...We Vote..,We Count". Ellipsis typo aside, I like the idea there. However, in New York, WNYW-5 and WWOR-9 they just announced (on TV; I'll get a Web source as they come) the parade would be switching from WNBC-4 to those channels.

Translation: Parade gets twice the exposure, on two Murdoch-owned, Republican-loving1 channels I hate, and I don't watch it anymore!2 Good job!

While we're talking about the evils of a select few Republican lovers, here's a news story that should sound familiar.

1I don't expressly dismiss people for being Republican lovers, but when an entire news corporation gives so much money and airtime and forgiveness for such a tyrannical party, it has the same effect on me that console games have on inkdrinker. I just want to downvote everything like he does3.

2I really should see the parade in person...but I veer from the rant's point entirely. I've lost all support for the parade's cause.

3I say "like he does" because I'm not him. Don't start going "OMG gamekid is teh inky DWONVOTEZO!!!" or I'll have to hurt somebody.

Labels: